Our core Taxation Services consist of…
Need help with your Tax Return or want to pay less tax?
Personal tax services are available both for business owners and private individuals including…
- All aspects of Self Assessment;
- Dealing with Tax Returns;
- Tax enquiries;
- Computation of liabilities;
- Correspondence with HMRC;
- Tax Investigation
Are you a buy to let investor or property dealer or developer?
Property tax is a bit of a maze and we can advise you on issues such as…
- Tax reduction strategies for rental income;
- What is a repair and tax deductible and what is capital and not;
- When to use a Limited Company to save tax;
- Trading income versus Capital Gain considerations and advice;
- Capital Gains rollover and holdover considerations;
- Stamp Duty planning;
- Tax efficient mortgage structures;
- VAT considerations of property deals;
- Making the most of the Principal Private Residence election;
- Tax issues on the sale of part of your residence;
- Second homes;
- Tax advantages of furnished holiday lettings;
- Inheritance Tax angles.
You are entitled to arrange your affairs to pay the absolute legal minimum amount of tax.
Whilst completion of tax returns and statutory tax obligations are important jobs, all accountants should be capable of completing them and advising you of your tax position and liabilities.
We try to do more than just this and are interested in maximising your tax planning opportunities.
We all have to pay our taxes but within the legal framework there are numerous ways of saving tax and making sure you do not pay a penny more than is absolutely necessary. We have extensive experience in this area of work and always fight as hard as we can for our clients.
We can help with tax planning in relation to…
- Personal taxes;
- Business taxes;
- Tax efficient employee remuneration strategies;
- VAT planning;
- Capital Gains;
- Profit extraction strategies;
- Exit strategies;
- Employment status;
- IR35 advice.
New clients are often surprised at how much can be done to help with their tax position. We are always willing to go that extra mile to offer advice on the areas where tax can be saved. We enjoy this work!
It is important that this work is done in advance and you should contact us as soon as possible.
All of our Tax Planning makes legitimate use of the Tax Legislation and Case Law, so that you are not put at additional risk from a full HMRC Enquiry, or where there are risks, these are pointed out to you.
Tax Returns and Self Assessment
Tax Returns can be completed for…
- Individuals and sole traders;
- Limited Companies.
The self-assessment regime is full of penalties and HMRC enquiry powers are extensive. It’s important that…
- Returns are correctly completed;
- They are filed on time;
- All backup records are retained for the appropriate period of time.
As well as the completion of your return we can assist with…
- Advice on your tax liabilities;
- Negotiating with the Collector if necessary;
- Identifying suitable tax planning opportunities;
- Completing all the necessary tax computations;
- Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC, taking the worry away from you.
Tax Enquiries and Investigations
It is an unfortunate fact of business life that you may well come under enquiry by HMRC through no fault of your own or of your accountant. HMRC now investigates businesses at random as well as for specific reasons. A full investigation is not a pleasant experience for anyone. Without expert defence it is possible to get trampled all over.
If you are selected at random, you need an accountant who knows how HMRC works and thinks and is prepared to fight your case. We make sure that the Taxman keeps to its own internal guidelines and doesn’t over step the mark. We will talk you through the enquiry process and what to expect and support you throughout.
There are various penalties HMRC can seek to impose following an enquiry for undeclared income. As well as having to pay the tax, you can find them seeking penalties up to an amount equal to the tax, so doubling your tax bill. Interest on the late payment of the tax is also part of the arrangement – not a pleasant experience. We can help you minimize these penalties.