Our core Accountancy Services consist of
Annual Accounts Preparation
- Prepare accounts to help in completion of self-assessment tax returns;
- Produce financial statements for filing at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
Accounts are prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines.
But we can do more than just report the history of what’s already happened…
- Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability;
- Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements;
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future.
Many small to medium sized businesses do not have the resource for a full-time accountant or book-keeper. Over the years, we have seen many examples of the types of problems this may cause including:
- Not invoicing customers immediately
- Failing to bill for work performed
- Paying suppliers too much or too soon
- Not chasing debts when they become due
- Errors in VAT returns
As a result of poor record keeping a business may suffer from:
- Cash flow problems
- Loss of potential profits
- Penalties and surcharges from the HMRC
Once we have completed the book-keeping for you we can easily prepare:
- Management Accounts
- VAT Returns
- Key Performance Indicators
- End of Year Accounts
- Estimated Tax Liabilities as you go along so there`s no end of year surprises
As part of our service we will review your accounting system and make a full list of recommendations to improve your efficiency going forward. We offer a personalized and completely flexible service, you can decide if you want us to provide an in-house service at your premises, or if you prefer us to look after this work at one of our offices
VAT Planning and Disputes
Compliance with VAT is becoming ever more complex. Investigations from the Vatman can be intense – all the more important that you have an accountant who is successful in negotiations with them.
We take best advantage of the reliefs available and the interpretation of the regulations. This is an extremely important feature of the service provided as it ensures peace of mind for all our clients.
We can help you with advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business and dealing with VAT control visits as well.
For VAT registration we can assist with…
- Advising if you need to or if it would be beneficial to register;
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities;
- Advising on the best VAT schemes to use suitable to your business – some you have to notify HMRC you are using and some you don’t.
Compliance with VAT is complex. Investigations by the Vatman can be intense – all the more important that your VAT returns are completed correctly.
There are three methods we can use to assist in completion of VAT returns…
- Let us do your book-keeping and we complete the return from there;
- Give us your books and we’ll complete the return for you;
- Provide training on how to complete your return.
We complete VAT returns in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties.